Set your windows so they all have the same view



Microsoft Windows XP lets you show the contents of folders in a variety of ways, such as a simple or detailed list of the files, or as thumbnail images. Each folder in My Computer or My Documents can have its own view. That’s useful for folders like My Music or My Pictures, because you can look at your digital photos in Thumbnails or Filmstrip view, and see your song titles in Tiles view. But changing the view for every folder can be time-consuming.

If you prefer to have all your folder contents displayed in a particular way, you can save yourself some time by changing the view for all the folders on your computer at once.

To set your windows so they all have the same view

1.

Click Start, and then click My Documents.

Start menu with My Documents selected

2.

Click the Views button, and then click the view you want to apply to all folders.

Note: For more information about views, read Specify how folders open.

My Documents window with Views menu displayed

3.

Click Tools, and then click Folder Options.

Tools menu with Folder Options selected

4.

Click the View tab, and then click Apply to All Folders.

View tab in Folder Options window

5.

Click Yes.

Folder views dialog box

6.

Click OK.

View tab in Folder Options window with OK button selected

The next time you open a folder, it will be displayed using the view you chose. To restore your original folder settings, repeat steps 1-3. Then, in step 4, click Reset All Folders.

1 comments:

Ridhi Sharma said...

How do I know what to set my window variables to when finding zeroes for a quadratic on a ti-83?
Thank-you
Silver MLM

Post a Comment